GLTools 1.98 Working For Lollipop Roms
This GLTools works fine on lollipop roms tested by me.
GLTools is a custom OpenGLES driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM or x86 processor. If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
Experimental aarch64 support.
Instructions(Settings are Mainly intended for low end devices):
(Note: Enable backup option in the app in case something goes wrong. a cwm flashable zip which can uninstall gltools will be formed)
-Open app. then give root access and install tex plugin(and not none otherwise this app wont work how its supposed to)
-Reboot the phone
-Open app. a list of apps installed will come up
-Select ur app(gta 3 for me)
-Check on enable custom setting
-Tick force 16 bit rendering
-Tick optimize glsl shaders
-Set enable texture decomp. to all(to incr quality otherwise set to none)
-Set enable texture recomp. to none
-Set downscale textures to 0.5 and check if it still lags make 0.25x(anything below that will make text unreadable)
-I also faked gpu info though it may not be needed (i did adreno 320)
-In gta 3 display setting i minimised the resolution and draw distance disabled frame limiter
-Now the game is very smooth (textures are blurred and graphics are low)
Please do share ur own config for any game u manage to make smooth (or make it run if it wasnt earlier)
These settings are not always ideal. Do try combinations yourself
That would be all from my side.
Download Link :
Please report broken link in the comment!